Monday, February 25, 2013

An Adventure Of Scones -

Inspired by some young fellow Redwall fans, I decided to make scones to send with Rebekah for teatime at school tomorrow! I have recently been going through a wonderful book that I found at the Hope Center: Having Tea, by Tricia Foley. To be honest, I've never found a more comforting or inspirational cookbook! So, I tried the recipe for buttermilk scones, to which I added about half a cup of currents, because that seemed like a Friar Hugo thing to do!
Alchemy at work!

A scone, in it's pre-pastry form

A fully formed scone, baked to perfection, and ready for tea.


Actually, these didn't turn out as sweet as I wanted. Next time I'll add more sugar and try dates instead of currents. Still, a successful scone is nothing to be sorry about. I hope these last long enough for Rebekah to get them to school. . .

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those look amazing.... I love scones! Reminds me of the days when our whole family would be at your house for Sunday morning breakfast and we'd have scones and cool whip. :)

Elizabeth Joy said...

I'm a big fan of Redwall! And those scones look so yummy! P: